“Lifting weights will make me bulky and I don’t want to get bulky.”
This is the most popular answer that we hear from people these days when talking about transitioning to functional fitness training.
Many people believe that weight lifting automatically leads to the physique of a Bodybuilder or a competitive CrossFit athlete; you know, the ones that are all over your Instagram feed.
Yes, they lift weights. They lift a lot of weights. They lift a lot of weights and workout several times a day. They lift a lot of weights, workout several times a day, and they have a food prep sponsorship or personal nutritionist that feeds them an abundance of calories. They lift a lot of weights, workout several times a day, have a food prep sponsorship or nutritionist that feeds them an abundance of calories, and they spend the rest of their time recovering with adequate sleep and body work specialists (PT, Chiro, Rolfer, etc.).
Then there’s the rest of us who want to be functionally strong, feel good and look good. To do that, we need to lift some weights. Thankfully, at Level Up Fitness, our strength training methods delivered by expert coaches provides life-changing fitness.
The most obvious benefits of strength training are:
- Decreases body fat
- Increases muscle mass
- Strength development
- Increases bone density *Important for everyone, more important as we get older
- Injury prevention
- Improved body image
- Improved confidence
- Increased metabolism
The not-so-obvious benefits of strength training are:
- Improved cardiovascular endurance and health
- Improved flexibility and mobility
- Injury prevention
- Reduced chronic pain
- Mental acuity
- Improved balance and coordination
- Increased energy
When you begin to combine focused strength training with functional fitness training, you can squat, hinge, lunge, push, pull and carry in a variety of combinations, volumes, and sequences, the results come quickly! Our functional training leads to fat-burning workouts that lower your body fat, increase your lean muscle mass, and build a functionally strong and capable body.
Combine that with a diet that consists of:
- Lean Meat
- Nuts and seeds
- Some fruit
- Little starch
- Minimum sugar
… and you’ll start to see a lean, developed shape.
If you want to build the best personal brand of fitness you have always wanted with lean muscle mass, low body fat, and a healthy physique, we can help.
1. Book your free No Sweat Intro so we can learn about your past fitness experiences and future health and fitness goals
2. With your personal coach, learn the basic fundamental movement patterns in a private 1 on 1 setting through our new member integration program.
3. Apply those fundamentals in class.
4. Show up. Every week. Every month. Every year.
5. Enjoy the process of perpetual growth.
You can start making life-changing progress today. Book your free No Sweat Intro HERE.